ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – RECRUITMENT SERVICES FOR RECRUITERS (EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENTS AND OTHER EMPLOYING ORGANISATIONS)
Effective Date: 01 April 2019
Last Update: 01 April 2019
“We”, “Us” and “Our” means Crinkle Recruitment (part of The Schools HR Co-operative Limited.) (“Crinkle Recruitment” or “Crinkle”) and should be construed accordingly.
“The Website” or “Our Website” refers to www.crinklerecruitment.com
“You” and “Your” refer to any individual accessing the website.
Account” refers to any account on our website that you may register, or be
registered for, in order to use certain aspects of our Services.
and “Work-Seeker” refers to any individual interested in, or using our website
and services to access our work finding services.
“Recruiter” and “Recruiting Organisation” refers to any organisation using our
permanent recruitment services
Services” or ‘Our Services” refers to any of our service provided for
work-seekers, and/or hirers.
These Additional Terms for Recruitment Organisations set out the information applicable to you when you use Crinkle Recruitment Services. By proceeding to use this Service you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Website is owned and operated by Crinkle Recruitment. Crinkle Recruitment is a part of The Schools HR Co-operative Limited (“SHRC”). Crinkle Recruitment is a trading name of The Schools HR Co-operative Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under the company number 8004727. Our Registered Office and trading address is:
The Schools HR Co-operative Ltd, Unit 1 Britannia Court, The Green, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7PN
To contact us
with a general enquiry, please complete our Contact
Us form, or contact us by phone on 01895 717 008.
You agree that all information provided by you, for the purposes of using our services and any other material you submit, on the website:
- Is accurate and complete, and maintained and updated accordingly. If you wish to make changes to your User Account, or the details contained in it, you can do so at any time by contacting us.
- Does not include any material that is false, misleading, defamatory, discriminatory, threatening, offensive, abusive, likely to cause someone anxiety or distress, encourages violence or racial or religious hatred, blasphemous, pornographic, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You must also not attempt to ask us to post material which is technically harmful; including, without limitation, computer viruses or other malicious software (malware).
If at any time we suspect that a service user account has been used for improper purposes; specifically, but not limited to, for fraudulent reasons, we reserve the right to act as detailed below in our Suspension and Termination clause.
Transfer outside of the European Union (EU): All information that we collect from you is stored, processed and hosted inside the European Union (EU), and will not be transferred to any country outside of the EU, unless otherwise specifically stated.
4. Passwords and security
In order to access our services and our website, you may need to use a username, which will be your professional email address, and a password that meets our minimum password strength requirements. You will be solely responsible for the security and proper use of your password which we would recommend remains confidential at all times. Please notify Crinkle Recruitment immediately of any suspected breaches in the security of your account. We do not accept any liability for any unauthorised or improper use or disclosure of your password or username.
As required by data protection legislation, we take the security of your data, and data stored in the website and its databases, very seriously. As such, we employ various security measures including but not limited to, reCAPTCHA authentication and TLS/SSL encryption. We also ensure that all data handled by Crinkle Recruitment is done so by trained personnel, using devices with the most up to date security updates and antivirus programs.
5. Our Services
You can advertise any education-related post on our website for the charge at the prevailing rate as prescribed in the applicable year’s “The Schools HR Co-operative Service Level Agreement (SLA)”. On request we will set up, on our website, a “Employer Profile” page for your school or organisation – you will be responsible for the accuracy of the information on this page. From time to time we may request you review the contents of this page and provide updated information (e.g. school logo, school website address, school roll, and other contact information) to ensure the continued accuracy of the material that is published.
On request, we can develop a tailored leadership recruitment campaign to recruit to senior leadership posts in your school/academy/company/organisation. This package will be developed based on your specific needs and we will charge this service at the rate agreed between you and us. Please note additional terms and conditions apply to this service. We will provide you with these terms in any proposal we submit to supply our leadership recruitment service.
PLACEMENT & DIRECT RECRUITMENT
We can provide you with direct recruitment and placement services for any role within your organisation, provided that we have the capacity to deliver these services. The determination of our capacity to deliver these services will be solely the discretion of Crinkle Recruitment. This service will be developed based on your specific needs and we will charge this service at the rate agreed between you and us. Please note additional terms and conditions apply to this service. We will provide you with these terms in any proposal we submit.
PSYCHOMETRIC & SKILLS ASSESSMENTS
On request we can provide psychometric and/or skills assessments which can be used in the recruitment process to enhance the evaluation of candidates’ competence in specific skills and/or identify personal and behavioural qualities at work. This package will be developed based on your specific needs and we will charge this service at the rate agreed between you and us. Please note additional terms and conditions apply to this service. We will provide you with these terms in any proposal we submit to supply our assessment service.
On your request, we can subscribe you to subscription packages available from selected external advertisers (e.g. third-party specialist jobs boards) at the prevailing rate (that includes any discount we have negotiated with the third-party supplier). Please note that the applicable external advertisers’ terms and conditions will also apply. We can provide you with the external advertisers’ terms and conditions on request. Contact us for further information.
You can request that we advertise your job posting in external publications and/or on external jobs boards (e.g. third-party specialist jobs board, and local and national print publications). Please note that the applicable external advertisers’ terms and conditions will also apply. We can provide you with the external advertisers’ terms and conditions on request.
6. Our Liabilities
- We shall provide our services in accordance with these Additional Terms and Conditions for Recruiting Organisations. The services do not constitute an offer by us, and we reserve the absolute right to refuse to offer the services to any person, school, academy, company, or organisation.
- We shall undertake the services requested by you using the information and criteria that you supply. It is your responsibility to provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- You agree not to submit for inclusion in any job posting, school information, or anything else that will appear on our website, any material that is: false, misleading, defamatory, discriminatory, threatening, offensive, abusive, likely to cause someone anxiety or distress, encouraging violence or racial or religious hatred, blasphemous, pornographic, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- We will issue an invoice to you for any requested services, when you have provided your agreement to use our services. You will pay the invoice in full within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- Some of our services may be subject to additional terms and conditions. If you commission us to supply such services, you are required to agree to these additional terms and conditions before we can supply these services. Pricing, invoicing and payment terms for these services are outlined in the applicable terms and conditions.
- We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, add to, modify, or discontinue any of our services. However, this will not affect any request agreed prior to any change or withdrawal of the relevant service.
- We reserve the right to amend the fees and/or these Terms and Conditions from time to time provided that no change will be retrospective.
- We cannot guarantee that:
- our website and/or the services will always be available;
- our website will be free from errors, viruses, and or other malicious software; and
- the services will generate any applications, responses, or results. For the avoidance of doubt, no services are guaranteed to result in filling a vacancy
7. Job Postings
- The Booking Procedure:
- All requests for job postings must be supplied to us in writing – we currently accept requests through our email@example.com email address. You agree to use the website and services in “good faith” i.e. to post authentic jobs and provide adequate and accurate job details.
- In the future we may offer alternative methods for requesting job postings and we will provide reasonable notice to you in writing if we require you to use a different method for requesting a job posting.
- We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on our website. The purpose of these rules is to provide consistency and clarity in the information available to job seekers. The rules regarding content and format are as fullows. All requests for job postings should include:
- a copy of the applicable job description and person specification, and if you are using your own application form, the relevant application form or pack;
- The employer’s details, e.g. establishment name, address, contact information
- The title of the job
- The salary & salary range
- An indication of the normal working hours and working weeks, e.g. Full-Time or Part-Time and Term-time-only.
- An indication of the contract type e.g. temporary, permanent or casual
- The provisional job start date, start date of the advert, closing date and time of the advert and the provisional dates of interview and short-listing
- If requesting additional advertising in accordance with services described in ‘Our Services’, confirmation of the selected package.
- We, in our sule discretion and without liability to you or any third party, reserve the right to not publish any request for a job posting where all information as outlined in clause 7.1.3. has not been provided.
- Booking Acceptance
- The price for each individual job posting will be charged at the rate detailed in the applicable year’s SLA, or as agreed in the initial agreement between you and Crinkle Recruitment. For the avoidance of doubt this rate is not applicable only to Job Postings.
- We will notify you by email (“acknowledgement email”) of receipt of your booking request, or by confirmation message via our website portal.
- We will action your request for a job posting in accordance with the target timeframes detailed in the applicable year’s SLA.
- All booking requests received are subject to our internal validation and verification processes. During these processes we may identify a need to obtain further information from you. If this happens we will contact you, to request this information. This may delay the time it takes for your job listing to go live.
- We, in our sule discretion and without liability to you or any third party, reserve the right to not publish any request for a job posting where, in relation to clause 7.2.4. further information required has not been received.You will be notified by email (“confirmation email”) when your job listing has gone live on the website. In our confirmation email we will provide you with a URL (website link) to your live job listing and the vacancy reference number.
- Our confirmation process described in clause 7.2.5 allows you to check that the booking has been processed according to your booking request. Please check the content of the confirmation email carefully and notify us immediately if you have any queries.
- Multiple Job Postings
- From time to time you may want to post jobs that have a similar title but different job descriptions and/or person specifications. In situations where the job title is the same or similar, but there are separate job descriptions and/or person specifications then we will charge the applicable rate for each job.
- Requests to Close Job Postings Early
- From time to time you may receive large vulumes of applications for some job postings due to the level of demand for such jobs. In order to ensure fairness for all applicants to submit their application that may be in progress then we will not close any job posting before its advertised closing date unless an explanatory disclaimer is included in the job posting advertisement.
- Subject to 7.4.1 if there are specific circumstances (other than the number of applications received) that require the job posting to be withdrawn before the closing date then please contact us as soon as possible. Where there are special circumstances for withdrawing the advertisement then we will consider and action such requests appropriately, and at our discretion.
- Re-advertising Pulicy
- Each job posting will be advertised on our website for the specified period agreed by you and us. At the conclusion of the advertised period (i.e. at the job posting’s closing date) You may request that the job posting be re-advertised for a further period of seven (7) days free of charge and providing that no changes are made to the job posting.
- You must notify us to request an extension of your advert before the job posting’s closing date or within a maximum of one working day fullowing the job posting’s closing date. If any changes, other than an extended closing date, are to be made to the job posting then clause 7.5.2 will apply.
- If at the conclusion of the advertised period (i.e. at the job posting’s closing date) you want to make any changes to the job posting (e.g. change in application questions, change in title, change in job description and/or person specification, change in salary, change in working hours or working weeks etc.) so it can be re-advertised then you may be charged the applicable rate for the re-advertised job posting. It is our discretion to chare this rate or any other agreed upon rate at the period of re-advertising.
- Further to the seven (7) day extension to the closing date detailed in clause 7.5.1 (that will be actioned at no additional charge) if you want to extend the closing date further, or you want to make any changes to the job posting as detailed in clause 7.5.2, then you will be charged the applicable rate for the re-advertised job posting. For the avoidance of doubt a job posting will only be eligible for one closing date extension of seven (7) days free of charge.
- Please note that the maximum period for any job posting advertising, including any free or chargeable extensions cannot exceed 28 calendar days. If you want to advertise a job posting longer than 28 calendar days, then you will be charged an additional fee at the applicable rate.
- Cancellation Pulicy
- We understand that circumstances can arise where you may need to cancel a job posting fullowing a request being made under clause 7.1. If the cancellation request is received by us prior to any action on your request being undertaken by us then you will not be charged for the original request. However, if we have undertaken any action on your request then you will be charged the applicable rate for a job posting irrespective of that job posting not being fully actioned.
8. External Subscription Packages
- External Subscription Packages – Descriptions and Illustrations
- All descriptions or illustrations provided, for services provided by external advertisers (such as eTeach), are offered for the sule purpose of giving an approximate idea of the subscription package offering and will not form any part of the contract between you and the third-party supplier of the subscription package and service.
- All third-party (external) subscription packages are subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party supplier.
- By purchasing a subscription package you will enter into an agreement with the third-party supplier for the service(s) provided, and the conditions of this agreement are outlined in the relevant terms and applicable pulicies. A copy of the applicable terms and conditions will be included with any quotation provided by us.
- External Subscription Package Request Procedure
- All requests for subscription packages must be supplied to us in writing – we currently accept requests through by email.
- In the future we may offer alternative methods for requesting subscription packages and we will provide reasonable notice to you in writing if we require you to use a different method for requesting a subscription package.
- You may request a subscription package at the time of submitting a request for services outlined in Our Services or independent from any other request.
- You may be required to provide us with additional information to enable us to complete your order for a subscription package.
- The price for any subscription package will be calculated in accordance with the rates set out in the third-party’s relevant rate card. Where we have negotiated a discounted rate the applicable discount will be deducted from the rate set out in the relevant rate card.
- All pricing and discount information is subject to change at any time, and may change as a result of the third-party supplier revising the rates set out in any rate card and/or making changes to any agreement between us and the third-party. You must seek to confirm the validity of any price previously quoted by us at the time of confirming your acceptance of a subscription package.
- Unless we specifically state otherwise all prices provided shall be exclusive of VAT, and VAT will be charged at the applicable rate when you have provided your agreement to purchase a subscription package through us.
- You must provide written acceptance of the subscription package at the applicable rate before we will process your request.
- We will issue an invoice to you for any requested third-party subscription, when you have provided your agreement to purchase this package through us. You agree to pay the invoice in full within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- External Subscription Package Renewals & Cancellations
- If any request for a subscription package is subsequently requested to be cancelled then the cancellation terms and conditions of the third-party supplier will be applicable.
- Subscription renewals will be processed in accordance with the third-party supplier’s terms and conditions. In some cases, subscription packages will automatically renew after the initial term agreed and you may be required to provide notice of cancellation.
- Automatic renewals will be calculated in accordance with the rates set out, at the time of renewal, in the third-party supplier’s relevant rate card.
- In the case of automatic subscription renewals, we will notify you if your subscription package is due to auto-renew and you are required to provide notice of cancellation. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you are required to respond to our notification and provide your notice of cancellation in accordance with the instructions provided within our notification.
- Failure to provide us with notification of your request to cancel a subscription package may result in automatic renewal of your subscription.
9. External Advertising
- External Advertising – Descriptions and Illustrations
- All descriptions or illustrations provided, for services offered by external advertisers (such as Spike Publications) are offered for the sule purpose of giving an approximate idea of the external advertising package offering and will not form any part of the contract between you and us, or the third-party supplier of the external advertising package.
- All external advertising packages are subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party advertiser.
- External Advertising Request Procedure
- All requests for external advertising must be supplied to us in writing – we currently accept requests by email. You agree to use the website and services in “good faith” i.e. to post authentic jobs and provide adequate and accurate job details.
- In the future we may offer alternative methods for requesting external advertising packages and we will provide reasonable notice to you in writing if we require you to use a different method for requesting external advertising.
- You may request an external advertising package only at the time of submitting a request for services
- You may be required to provide us with additional information to enable us to complete your order for external advertising.
- The price for an external advertising package will be calculated in accordance with the rates set out in the third-party’s relevant rate card. Where we have negotiated a discounted rate, the applicable discount will be deducted from the rate set out in the relevant rate card.
- All pricing and discount information is subject to change at any time and may change as a result of the third-party supplier revising the rates set out in any rate card and/or making changes to any agreement between us and the third party. You must seek to confirm the validity of any price previously quoted by us, at the time of confirming your acceptance of an external advertising package.
- Unless we specifically state otherwise all prices provided shall be exclusive of VAT, and VAT will be charged at the applicable rate when you have provided your agreement to purchase an external advertising package through us.
- You must provide written acceptance of the external advertising package at the applicable rate before we will process your request.
- We will issue an invoice to you for any requested external advertising, when you have provided your agreement to purchase this through us. You agree to pay the invoice in full within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- Booking Deadlines
- Booking deadlines are applicable to external advertisements placed in printed publications. We will advise you of the applicable booking deadline, for insertion in the next issue of the publication, when you submit your request.
- Booking deadlines may be subject to change in accordance with external advertisers’ terms and conditions.
- Cancellation of an External Advertisement
- If any request for external advertising is subsequently requested to be cancelled, then the cancellation terms and conditions of the external advertiser will be applicable. In general, once the request for external advertising has been submitted to the external advertiser, then no refund of advertising charges will be given. A copy of the external advertisers’ terms and conditions are available on request.
10. Responses to advertisements
- For services described in ‘Our Services’ you may choose one of the following methods of application according to your preferences:
- Using our online application form;
- Using your preferred application form;
- Directing applicants to an application form on your organisation’s website
- If you choose to use our online application form, you will be able to access candidate application forms using our Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- If you wish to use your preferred application form, you may request that applicants send their response directly to you by including the relevant instruction in the job posting copy.
- If you wish to direct applicants to an application form on your organisation’s website, we will include specific instructions and the URL to your organisations application form, in the advert text and in the application instructions sections of our website.
- In accordance with 10.1.1 and 10.1.3 you agree that any application form, application pack or online application system you select as your application method will comply with all applicable laws including but not limited to the Equality Act 2010 and relevant data protection legislation.
- For all Job Postings, you are responsible for verifying the information contained in applicant responses, and carrying out the relevant checks and procedures, to ensure that the candidate is suitable for the position advertised in the job listing. For the avoidance of doubt, we give no undertaking that we will review and verify the information contained in any application form received in response to a job listing or an external advertisement, unless otherwise explicitly agreed by us, by prior contract or arrangement.
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with applicants who may respond to job postings you have placed on our website.
11. Candidate data
- You acknowledge that no data held within any candidate’s user account will be made available to you unless that candidate chooses to submit an application form for a job posting you have placed with us.
- You acknowledge that we may delete all personal data held within any candidate user account, and in turn any associated ‘application data’ that may be available on the ATS, without notice to you, if the candidate chooses to exercise their right to be forgotten, under the GDPR.
12. Application Data
- For the purpose of the GDPR, you acknowledge that you are the responsible data controller for any personal data held in any candidate application form submitted for a job posting you have placed with us.
- In accordance with the services detailed in ‘Our Services’ we may provide additional administrative support in sending recruitment related correspondence as part of our managed service offering. In such cases we act as the data processor and are processing personal data on your behalf as the data controller. You agree to ensure your privacy information accurately reflects that we act as a data processor for this purpose.
- All personal data processed by us while acting as a data processor will be processed in accordance with the applicable Information Processing Agreement.
- You acknowledge that we will retain candidate application forms, and where applicable recruitment related notifications and correspondence, for no longer than twelve (12) months from date of submission (application forms) or the date sent (notification/correspondence).
- You acknowledge that the data retention period described in 12.5 may be subject to change if a candidate exercises their rights under the GDPR, specifically the ‘right to be forgotten’ and we have no legal right to reasonably retain this information.
13. Information Processing Agreement
- Under Article 28 of the GDPR all data controllers that use a data processor must have a written agreement in place. In accordance with clause 12, we may process personal data (“application data”) contained in a candidate application form on your behalf as the data controller. To enable us to process application data on your behalf, your Information Processing Agreement must be in place, and may need to be provided to us upon request.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide any service if an Information Processing Agreement is not in place.
14. Direct marketing
- From time to time, and if we have your consent to do so, we may contact you to seek your feedback on the services we provide to enable us to evaluate our performance - you are under no obligation to respond to requests for feedback however your participation is appreciated as this will help improve our services.
- We may also notify you of offers, products or other services based on your use of our services – you are under no obligation to commit to any offer, product or service and you can withdraw your consent to receive this information at any time, by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in any marketing email you receive from us, or by contacting us.
- We, in our sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, your account at any time and without reason. Examples of reasons for account closure include, but are not limited to:
- You not providing full or accurate contact or school information;
- You acting in our opinion, inappropriate or illegally;
- You defaulting on payment.