Working hours: 36 hours per week, Term time only + 5 training days (39 weeks);
Salary information: According to experience will be at Scale Point 7-10, £22,377.091 - £23,607.00 (pro rata)
As part of our growth, we have a newly created role for a Welfare Officer.
Reporting to the Assistant Headteacher and based within our support team, the welfare officer will provide first aid to children and adults in line with H&S requirements and school protocols.
The successful candidate will be expected to administer medicines as required and decide on the appropriate course of action and provide administration support across the school. It is expected that applicants will be confident in dealing with external healthcare professionals, students, staff and pupils and have experience of working within a school or with young people. A first aid qualification would be an advantage or the successful applicant would be required to undertake the necessary qualification on appointment.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community in that we cater for the academic and vocational subjects.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders;
- staff well-being programme;
- childcare and cycle to school vouchers;
- excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly);
- on-site parking including electric charging facilities;
- on-site catering facilities.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested, with social distancing protocols in place. You can access our school website for further information and an application form: www.oakwoodhillingdon.org.uk.
Closing date: Friday 10 July 2020 at midday
Interviews: Week commencing 13 July 2020 (depending on Government advice these may be via Microsoft Teams