Pioneer Educational Trust is looking for inspiring, optimistic and pioneering candidates to join our committed Educational Team. Currently, the Trust Schools are Upton Court Grammar School in Slough, Trevelyan Middle School in Windsor and Foxborough Primary School in Langley.
Job Title: Level 1/2 Teaching Assistant (1:1 Support) with Manual Handling;
Contract: This is a specific purpose contract while the student remains on roll at the school;
Pay & Conditions: £9.92 per hour (Level 1) or £10.29 per hour (Level 2), depending on level of experience, (Annual FTE salary would be £19,147 or £19,862 per annum);
Work Pattern: Term time (38 weeks) plus 2 days;
Work Hours: Monday to Friday: 8.20am – 3.15pm; 5 x 20 minute breaks, unpaid to be taken at a time to be agreed (outside of the student break), lunch break: 30 minutes, unpaid to be taken at a time to be agreed (outside of the student lunch time)
We are looking for someone who has the appropriate personal characteristics, experience, knowledge and skills and can provide 1:1 support for a student with restricted physical mobility who will required manual handling on a daily basis; if you do not have the relevant training, it will be provided. The successful candidate will work in partnership with the subject teachers and SENCo to develop and deliver an individual programme of learning within the classroom setting. The successful candidate must have a level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
Duties will include:
- Providing student centred, day to day support both academically and pastorally.
- Supporting the student to overcome barriers to learning so they can achieve the best of which they are capable.
- Providing support to the student during learning activities, keeping them on task, engaged and motivated.
- Supporting the student in their social development and emotional well-being and resilience.
- Assist the student, where required, with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence.
Our ethos is to ‘recruit for attitude, train for skill’! Pioneer Educational Trust seeks to invest intelligently, inspire collaboration and pioneer so that all learners in our family of schools have equal access to an outstanding education. Our mission is grounded on four core values which our schools embrace:
- we pioneer: by preparing the way for others to follow, we transcend barriers through aspiration, merit and risk. Pioneer engenders determination, commitment and responsibility to better society through education and learning, never accepting mediocrity.
- we inspire collaboration: we believe in working in partnership. In a culture of high trust and intelligent risk-taking, collaboration exists at all levels and between all stakeholders.
- we invest intelligently: by providing high-quality professional development for all staff and a positive and enriching work environment. We provide high support and challenge that enables all colleagues to flourish.
- we drive equality: providing equal access to an outstanding education is central to the aims of the Trust. The Trust champions the vulnerable and disadvantaged, breaking down barriers to learning.
Furthermore, Upton Court Grammar School seeks to:
- become a world-class school, seen as a centre of excellence and creativity in learning and teaching;
- equip students with the ability to articulate their ideas with confidence in an increasingly competitive international work environment.
The most recent OFSTED inspection graded the school as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas. The school has a national reputation for excellence and achievement and is consistently ranked in the top 1% of schools in the country for student progress.
The school offers free refreshments to staff during the school day. The Trust also provides an Employee Assistance Programme to all staff within the Trust Schools. Through this, staff can access support and advice on any number of things such as wellbeing, work-related issues, housing, family, financial and legal support. There is also an employee benefit scheme which offers savings and discounts across a number of well-known retailers and services. Staff across the Trust can also receive a free, annual flu vaccination. The Trustees are also active in recognising years of service for staff. Service is designed to reward loyalty to the school and recognises those who have accrued between 3 and 30 years of service.
Other benefits include:
- Free onsite parking;
- Lunch for staff offered at cost price;
- Enhanced employer pension contributions;
- Enhanced leave of absence policy;
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave schemes;
- Corporate eye care scheme;
- Enhanced parental bereavement package;
- Travel to work loans;
- Additional time to facilitate professional development and collaborative working.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to in order to be successful.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working.
Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if there are options you’d like to explore with us.
CVs on their own will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Monday 9th August 2021
Pioneer Educational Trust encourages applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.