Post Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 25/09/2019
Closing time: 12:00 PM
Salary info: Scale 1, points 1-2 (including Outer London Weighting) + Special School Allowance: £999;
Working hours: 32.5 hours per week, Term time only + 5 training days (39 weeks);
Working pattern: Mon, Wed and Fri: 8.45am – 3.15 pm, Tues and Thurs: 8.45am to 4.30pm.
Due to our expanding roll and the changing needs of our students an opportunity has arisen for a number of Teaching Assistants to join our dedicated team of staff. We are particularly interested in people who have experience of working with young people with severe and complex difficulties or experience in catering, sports, hairdressing, job coaching or horticulture for the future development of the school
Meadow High School is a special needs school which provides education for secondary aged students aged 11-19 years with moderate and complex needs including challenging behaviour and autism. The post involves working alongside teachers, supporting pupils learning environment and personal care. Energy, fitness and enthusiasm to work with these pupils is required. Induction and training including First Aid and Team Teach will be given for this rewarding job which offers the chance to progress. The school had received a good OFSTED report for the quality of the teaching and please see our website for the outcomes of our anonymous workplace survey 2019 .
Applicants should have:
- A sound knowledge of Literacy and Numeracy (assessed at interview);
- A desire for with working with students with moderate and complex learning difficulties;
- Previous experience is desirable although consideration will be given to applicants with relevant skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Enthusiasm for supporting children and their learning;
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team;
- A positive attitude and sense of humour;
- A willingness to learn new skills;
- A willingness to undertake personal care of pupils;
- The successful applicant must have a high standard of written and spoken English;
- Applicants who are willing to have training to drive the school minibus are especially welcome
Interview information: A group interview will be held on Wednesday 2nd October 2019 and successful applicants will be invited for a second interview on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Previous applicants need not apply. Please do not send CV’s or apply directly to the school
Meadow High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Address: Royal Lane, Hillingdon, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3QU