Tea Time Crew Play Worker
Working pattern: Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 5:15pm.
Working hours: 11 hours and 15 minutes per week, Term Time only (38 weeks).
Salary information: Scale 2, £6,308 - £6,412 per annum.
Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Tea Time Crew Play Worker to support our wrap-around care team.
Duties will include assisting children in choosing a healthy and nutritious snack, supervising their safety, building positive relationships and providing them with fun and stimulating activities.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To treat all children with respect, trust, kindness and honesty.
- Use supportive language and avoid confrontation wherever possible.
- Promote the social and emotional development of children.
- To deal appropriately with the management of children’s behaviour within our Behaviour Policy.
- To develop a varied programme of activities.
- To organise and oversee the operation of play activities.
- To work with the team to ensure that a timetable of day to day activities is set up and maintained.
- To ensure that all equipment and areas are available, usable and safe.
- To work with all children; responding to their individual needs and differing abilities to ensure their success.
- To understand the varying needs of the children - physical, medical and emotional.
- To take appropriate action in emergencies and summon assistance as required.
- Liaise with other team members in a professional manner.
- Take record of any concerns over safeguarding and report in line with relevant policy and guidelines.
- Review and develop own professional practice.
- Attend meetings and training to improve skills and knowledge.
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties, responsibilities and grade of this post.
Closing date: Monday 2nd October.
Interviews: To be confirmed.