Post Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 04/03/2020
Closing time: 12:00 PM
Salary information: Scale 2 (including outer London Weighting);
Work contract: 20 hours per week, Term time only + 5 training days (39 weeks);
Further information: The nature of the post will require some flexibility of working hours to meet the needs of the school with the possibility of additional hours to be worked during the school holidays.
Meadow High School is a special needs school which provides education for secondary aged students aged 11-19 years with moderate and complex needs including challenging behaviour and autism. We require someone who is practical and able to support the site team in the general maintenance of the school. The post involves assisting our site team to provide caretaking services, ensuring that the premises are kept to an approved standard, providing a clean and secure environment for its pupils. The school had received a good OFSTED report for the quality of the teaching and please see our website for the outcome of our anonymous workplace survey 2019.
Applicants will require:
- General Maintenance Skills
- Be flexible and adaptable with working hours
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work alone and use their own initiative
- A polite and approachable manner
- To be hardworking and conscientious
- Committed to the safeguarding and welfare of pupils
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the post
- Ability to switch between the skill requirements of the role
Interviews: Monday 9th March 2020.
Please do not send CV’s or apply directly to the school.
Meadow High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Address: Royal Lane, Hillingdon, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3QU