Cannon Lane Primary School
School Meal Supervisory Assistant required for Cannon Lane Primary School
Contract type: Permanent Term Time Only (39 weeks)
Working hours: 1 hour 20 mins a day; Monday – Friday between the hours of 11.30am -1.30pm (hours to be agreed);
Salary information: Grade G01 point 4 (£2,729 Pro Rata).
Required as soon as possible
The Headteacher and Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring person to join our team as a Midday Supervisor. The Midday Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the basic care and wellbeing of the children. This role is an important one, the lunch hour being a period of social and recreational activity for pupils. The main duties will be to prepare the dining hall ready for lunch and to encourage the children to eat the lunch provided in a calm and orderly manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the children at lunch times being aware of pupils’ activities at all times;
- Ensure polite behaviour at lunch tables and offer assistance to pupils requiring help with their lunches;
- Administer minor first aid, ensuring that all accidents and injuries are recorded in the “Accident Book” and reported to the Senior Midday Supervisor;
- Tidy and sweep the floors, and wipe down the tables before storing them in the cupboard at the end of lunchtime;
- Supervise the children on the playground and organise engaging play activities.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th October 2021 by midday
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 12th October 2021 – Time TBC