Special Resource Provision (SRP) & Assessment Centre (AC) Leader required for April 2023 start
Salary range: L3 – L7; £50,060 - £54,990 per annum inc. Outer London Weighting
We are seeking an innovative and inspirational SENDCO to join our leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career and wishing to make a real difference to educational outcomes for children with Special Educational Needs. We are looking for someone who is caring, proactive and highly motivated.
The successful candidate will be integral to the setting up and implementation of, then lead our new SRP and Assessment Centre (the first in the borough), work with the Headteacher to shape the future of these units at Ruislip Gardens, coordinate a team of staff within the units and work with us to make a significant contribution towards the children in the SRP and Assessment Centre.
The ideal candidate will
- Be an outstanding teacher with experience of teaching across the primary age range
- Be passionate about all aspects of inclusion and is knowledgeable about the current changes in SEND.
- Have a commitment to working in partnership with teachers, support staff, outside agencies, specialists and parents to ensure that our children are supported effectively and fulfil their potential.
- Have a track record of successfully raising standards and ensuring SEND pupils make good progress.
- Have the drive, determination and enthusiasm to enhance the high level of learning in our school.
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills, demonstrate attention to detail and have the ability to motivate and support colleagues.
- Be a significant and visible presence.
- Think strategically and act practically to promote school improvement.
In return we offer:
- Highly motivated, well behaved children who enjoy coming to school.
- A strong team of dedicated staff who are committed to maintaining high standards.
- A supportive and friendly Governing Body committed to continuing school improvement.
- Support and an on-going commitment to your professional development
- The opportunity to make a real contribution to school development
Closing date: Monday 20th February 2023 @ 12 noon
Short listing date & Interviews: Please apply ASAP; shortlisting will take place upon receipt of applications and successful candidates will be called to interview at the first available opportunity.
Further information: Please note that we will be seeking references from your current employer prior to the interview.