Salary information: Scale 5;
Working hours: 30 hours per week, Term time only (38 weeks).
Are you passionate about making a difference in children’s lives? Would you like to be part of our drive for excellence? Do you inspire and motivate others by leading through example?
Newly opened in 2014, we are an expanding school, looking for a very special person to be the HLTA in our fantastic “Oasis” (A Specialist Resource Provision for children with Autism). The successful candidate needs to be able to demonstrate effective practice with children with Autism, as well as the ability to lead the provision and other staff when the Oasis teacher is not on site.
The successful HLTA will be experienced in working with children with Autism and their families. They will be confident in working with professionals from other agencies. They will have outstanding practice in their current position, and demonstrate the ability to support other staff in the Oasis too.
The HLTA will work within our Oasis, under the direction of the Oasis Manager as part of the existing Inclusion Team and also across the school when needed. They will support the implementation of exciting, innovative strategies and interventions that will engage pupils and have a significant impact on progress. They will help ensure provision closely matches the needs of each individual as outlined in their Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). We would be particularly interested in someone who has experience of working with children with complex SEND in a mainstream or in a specialist setting.
This amazing HLTA needs to:
- Hold an HLTA qualification (or be a qualified teacher);
- Model consistently excellent, inclusive classroom practice;
- Be committed to providing a wide range of experiences that will inspire and embed learning for all children with SEND;
- Demonstrate a passion for learning and inclusion;
- Be able to work creatively to engage the wider family and community in children’s learning in order to best meet their needs;
- Be committed to our nurturing ethos in order to grow confident and happy learners;
- Be patient and solution focused in order to secure the best outcomes for each individual;
- Enjoy being an active part of a dynamic, focused team.
September 1st 2020.