Salary: MPR or UPR; £28,355 - £44,541 per annum
Allowance: TLR2b £4,623
Glebe prides itself on its warm, welcoming atmosphere. Our entire school team believe in developing the whole child to reach their potential academically, socially and emotionally. Our school is a cheerful, stimulating and engaging environment where mutual respect underpins every interaction.
We are seeking to appoint a SENCO from September 2020.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the head teacher, senior management team and colleagues in the strategic development of the school’s SEN policy, oversee the day-to-day operation of the SEN policy with the aim of raising achievement of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and deliver small group support and interventions to support pupils and raise achievement.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all staff in understanding the needs of SEN pupils and ensure the objectives to develop SEN are reflected in the school development plan;
- Monitoring progress of objectives and targets for pupils with SEN from teachers’ plans, evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning by work analysis and use these analyses to guide future improvements;
- Providing professional guidance to staff to secure good teaching for SEN pupils, through both written guidance, modelling teaching, coaching and mentoring;
- Teaching whole classes of children at the discretion on the head teacher;
- Attending Senior Management and Pupil Progress meetings as necessary.
If you think this is for you, then please do not hesitate to apply now! For further information about our school, kindly contact the school office on 01895 462385 or visit our website https://www.glebe.hillingdon.sch.uk/
Closing date for Applications: Monday 30th March 2020 at 12 pm
Interview date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
Please note: Interviews will still be held on the above date, subject to the advice issued by the UK Government on school closures.
CVs will not be accepted