One-to-one support for a child with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Work Pattern: Term Time only (39 weeks)
Contract: One year
Interview Dates: 11th and 12th September 2019
We are seeking to appoint a caring, sensitive and patient Special Needs Learning Support Assistant to support a child with ASD, in Year 3 from September 2019. The child has learning needs and social communication difficulties.
Working under the direction of the class teacher and SENCo, you will need to demonstrate a commitment to teamwork, and possess effective communication skills as you will be liaising closely with the parents and other professionals.
Your role will be to aid the pupil to learn as effectively as possible, both in group situations and on his own by:
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil as required by providing levels of individual attention;
- Reassuring and helping with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils’ needs;
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting, social skills and fine/gross motor skills.
Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about targets, contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate. Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies.
This role would suit someone who:
- Is positive and enthusiastic;
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Is resourceful and can work under their own initiative;
- Can work well in a team;
- Has a good sense of humour.
If you wish to find out more about this post or for visit to the school, please contact Eileen Kelly, PA to the Head Teacher, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0208 3534265.
Visits are warmly welcomed.
CVs will not accepted