Working hours: 34.5 hours per week, Term time only + 5 training days (39 weeks per year);
Salary information: Scale Point 7-10 FTE £22,377-23,607 (£18,310.40-£19,316.88 pro rata) - dependent upon applicant experience.
As part of our growth, we currently have a number of vacancies for Pastoral Support Officers.
This role will provide support for students who are struggling to fully engage in education. The successful candidate will support students on issues including behaviour, engagement and attendance. The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and parents is imperative in ensuring that effective pastoral support is provided for all pupils. Previous experience working with young people facing barriers to learning will be advantageous for the role.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community in that we cater for the academic and vocational subjects.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- A commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- Staff wellbeing programme
- Childcare and cycle to school vouchers
- Excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
- On-site parking including electric charging facilities
- On-site catering facilities.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested. To learn more about the school, then please visit our website: www.oakwoodhillingdon.org.uk
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 17th August (depending on Government advice).