We have a vacancy for an
Librarian (Supporting & Delivering Learning)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, Term Time only + 5 training days (39 weeks)
Salary information: Scale 6, £22,374 - £23,185 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
An opportunity has arisen for a librarian to join our dedicated team of staff. We are particularly interested in people who have experience of working with young people with ASD and complex learning difficulties.
Meadow High School is a special needs school, which provides education for secondary aged students aged 11-19 years with moderate and complex needs including sensory integration needs and autism. The post involves working alongside teachers to support pupils. The successful candidate will work with individual pupils and small groups to support the development of reading skills including via the use of assistive technology. You will also need to work alongside the careers team to support pupils to learn and develop work related learning skills. Induction and training including use of the libraries system and Team Teach, will be given for this rewarding job. The school has received a good OFSTED report for the quality of the teaching, please see our website for the outcomes of our anonymous workplace survey 2019.
Please use the personal specification when writing your letter of application, shortlisting is based on evidence of candidate ability to meet these criteria.
Applicants should have:
- A sound knowledge of Literacy, Numeracy and ICT Skills
- Hold or working towards a level NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification.
- A desire for working with students with moderate and complex learning difficulties.
- Good communication skills
- An active interest in children’s literature and hold the skills and knowledge to support the development of the library.
- Previous experience is desirable although consideration will be given to applicants with relevant skills.
- Enthusiasm for supporting children and their learning.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- Interest in the use and development of assistive technology.
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team.
- A positive attitude and sense of humour.
On the interview day there will be an interview and one of 2 tasks set to assess relevant skills.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 2nd September 2022
SHORTLISTING: Thursday 8th September 2022
INTERVIEWS: TBC Week beginning 12th of September