Grangewood School - Eden Academy Trust
Salary info: Scale 3, point 5-6; dependent on candidate experience and qualifications;
Working contract: Term-time only + 5 training days (39 weeks);
Working pattern: Monday 8.30 – 4.30 pm, Tuesday – Thursday 8.30 – 4.15 pm and Friday 8.30 – 3.45 pm
Interviews: Week commencing 7th October 2019
Grangewood School is a school for children with severe learning difficulties. We are a member of The Eden Academy. We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant who must have extensive and proven experience of working in an SLD primary environment and ideally has some background of working with children with ASD. We would welcome applications from candidates who are enthusiastic, flexible and are willing to participate fully in the life of this successful special school.
Our ideal candidate:
- Will have the ability to handle pressure and remain calm.
- Can show a caring and supportive attitude towards children and their families.
- Will communicate well with children, parents and professionals.
- Can work constructively as part of a team, whilst understanding classroom roles and responsibilities.
- Will have the ability to communicate well in both verbal and written format with a good level of Numeracy and Literacy.
- Will demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children with a range of learning difficulties..
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. If you would like to visit prior to your application, please do not hesitate to contact the school office on: 01895 676401.