Reception Class Teacher (EYFS)
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Salary information: Main Pay Scale (£29,915 - £41,136)
We seek to employ an enthusiastic and innovative individual to help us continue to raise standards in teaching and learning through a comprehensive understanding of how pupils learn - enabling our children to make rapid and sustained progress.
Hermitage is a popular, oversubscribed school in the heart of Uxbridge and is close to major transport links (London Underground and M25/40). We can offer you good facilities in our modern learning environment, enthusiastic and motivated pupils, ongoing professional development and a supportive and collaborative team ethos.
We offer a 2 year tailored programme of induction and support for newly qualified teachers and ongoing professional development opportunities for more experienced teachers. As an associate member of the Vanguard Learning Trust (likely to become a full member September 2021), we can also offer staff developmental support and opportunities via the trust.
The successful candidate will:
- be an expert at developing productive relationships with the pupils in their care
- have a good understanding of the new EYFS framework
- be an excellent practitioner, with a clear commitment to the highest standards of teaching and learning, including the use of ICT
- have a clear understanding of the importance of ongoing, formative assessment
- have the ability to motivate and inspire children through their learning journey
- have high expectations of all children
- work well as part of a team
- be keen to develop skills and experience and share these with other staff
Please note that due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place, recruitment may be modified:
- External candidates will not be able to view the school, although a virtual tour is available on our website.
- Referees may be contacted by phone as well as via a written statement. Referees must be from two different organisations.
- The interview will be held in person, but restrictions will apply
Closing date: 11 June 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 14 June 2021
Please note, early applicants will be considered and may be offered an interview before the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.