Pay & Conditions: Actual starting salary: £17,714, term time (38 weeks) plus 2 days (Annual full-time equivalent salary would be £21,576 per annum)
Hours: 36.5 hours per week: Monday to Thursday: 8am – 4.30pm, Friday: 8am – 3.30pm
Breaks: 20 minute break, unpaid to be taken during the student break; 40 minute lunch break, unpaid to be taken during the student lunch break
Required: October 2020 or as soon as possible
Main Location: Upton Court Grammar School
Secondary Location: Initially Foxborough Primary School (for after school club supervision) On occasion you may be required to work at any school within the Trust
Pioneer Educational Trust is looking for inspiring, optimistic and pioneering people to join our committed Educational Support & Administrative Teams. Currently, the Trust Schools are Upton Court Grammar School in Slough, Trevelyan Middle School in Windsor and Foxborough Primary School in Langley.
Our ethos is to ‘recruit for attitude, train for skill’! Pioneer Educational Trust seeks to invest intelligently, inspire collaboration, drive equality and pioneer so that all learners in our family of schools have equal access to an outstanding education. Our mission is grounded on four core values which our schools embrace:
- we pioneer: by preparing the way for others to follow, we transcend barriers through aspiration, merit and risk. Pioneer engenders determination, commitment and responsibility to better society through education and learning, never accepting mediocrity
- we inspire collaboration: we believe in working in partnership. In a culture of high trust and intelligent risk-taking, collaboration exists at all levels and between all stakeholders
- we invest intelligently: by providing high-quality professional development for all staff and a positive and enriching work environment. We provide high support and challenge that enables all colleagues to flourish
- we drive equality: providing equal access to an outstanding education is central to the aims of the Trust. The Trust champions the vulnerable and disadvantaged, breaking down barriers to learning.
In return, we can offer you:
- well-resourced facilities and the necessary IT equipment;
- fantastic communities of staff and students;
- benefits which include an employee assistance programme, access to a free, annual seasonal flu vaccination, an extensive range of retail discounts, training and development opportunities;
- Additional time to facilitate professional development and collaborative working.
We are looking for a proactive, confident and reliable candidate with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic and a willingness to be adaptable and undertake a broad variety of tasks when required. The successful candidate will:
- Be highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable;
- Supervise classes in the absence of the class teacher;Have the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour;
- Supervise regular after school clubs at any school within the Trust, although initially this will be the Trust’s primary school which is based in Langley;
- Be a designated as a form tutor if required.
CVs on their own will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: midday, Monday 28 September 2020
Pioneer Educational Trust reserves the right to interview for all positions as suitable applications are received.