Working Hours: Approximately 4 hours per week
Work Pattern: Term Time only
Salary: Scale 6, FTE £27,228 - £28,215
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be pro-rated according to hours worked.
Interview Dates: To be confirmed.
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised and self-motivated Clerk to the Governors. The successful applicant must have a professional manner and be able to provide confidential administrative support to our Governing Body.
Note: This post is part-time, home based, term time only and requires flexibility as the schedule of meetings and workloads around them can vary. Meetings can take place during the morning and/or during the evenings. It is a very interesting and rewarding role and requires attending approximately 12 meetings per school year.
What the role involves:
- Preparing agendas and papers for Governing Body meetings.
- Attending meetings and producing minutes.
- Liasing with the Chair of Governors and Headteacher.
- Ongoing training and development.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise workload and to work on own initiative.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and act in the interests of the school at all times.
Evidence of clerking in a school is desirable but not essential as training will be given. The clerk will have access to a computer / laptop with email facilities.
We are an equal opportunities school and welcome all applications.
CVs will not be accepted