Work Pattern: 100 Hours per year
Working Weeks: Term Time only (38 weeks)
Salary: Scale SO1 Point 23; the FTE salary advertised will be pro-rated according to the hours worked
Interview Date: w/c 4th November 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen at McMillan Early Childhood Centre for an experienced, professional “Clerk” to fully support our Centre and Governing Body. Our Centre is a unique, diverse and complex place to work, with our 3 year old Nursery, 2 year funded children, 30 hour funding, Day Care and Children’s Centre.
The role of the clerk:
The clerk is the official channel of communication to and from the governing body. The clerk convenes meetings, takes and distributes governing body meeting minutes, maintains attendance records, offers procedural advice and guidance during and between meetings and takes any follow up action as required or as directed by the Governing Body. Governing Body meetings may be held during the day or evenings on the school premises.
The successful candidate to be considered should:
- Be proactive and a clear communicator;
- Be an efficient and organised person with proven administration and ICT skills;
- Have regular access to a computer with email facilities;
- Have an interest in education.
In return, we will offer you:
- A caring and welcoming supportive Governing Body;
- A friendly, dedicated and supportive team;
- An inclusive Centre that staff and families are proud of.
If you believe you are the person who can fulfill this role, we are confident that this special opportunity will provide an exciting, demanding and rewarding challenge.
Visits to our Centre are welcomed and highly recommended; please call us to book your appointment through the school office on: 0208 573 4427.
CVs will not be accepted