The governing body of Warrender Primary School is seeking a Clerk to support them in fulfilling their statutory school governance and clerking duties.
Hours/Work Pattern: Part time, irregular hours, to fit with the requirements of the post (with a minimum of 12 hours per month)
Actual Salary: £2,161 - £2,230 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting), SO1
This is a unique opportunity for applicants who have a strong interest in education, combined with a background, and proven experience, of high level administration. We are seeking an individual that has the confidence, motivation, flexibility, and ability to fully embrace this interesting information and admin management support role.
The successful applicant must be flexible in their approach to working hours, as this post involves being based at and working from home, and working both evening and daytime hours. You will be responsible for supporting and facilitating the Governing Body and co-ordinating associated activities.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has previous experience of delivering high-level administrative support;
- Has strong time management and co-ordination skills with the ability to work to deadlines;
- Is a person of integrity, can maintain confidentiality, and is able to remain impartial;
- Is professionally presented, a clear and confident communicator, and is able to work with people at all levels;
- Has excellent IT skills, with access to their own computer and internet;
- Can work flexibly and is able to travel to school.
We can offer:
- An excellent opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and experience within the education sector;
- An opportunity to develop personal working skills. You will work with the governing body and Senior Leadership team to provide support, advice, and promote best practice in relation to governance and legislation;
- An opportunity to be creative within the role! You will develop and implement new processes and procedures in specific areas such as recruiting new school governors;
- Training and support. We will provide training and support on school governance to the successful candidate.
Closing Date: 25 June 2021 - Midday
Interviews will take place during the weeks beginning 28th June or 5th July 2021.
CVs will not be accepted